If you are assigned to write a problem-solution essay, you should be aware of its peculiarities. Note that it defines a problem and presents the possible ways of solving it. Students of different educational levels write this work. It is necessary to conduct detailed research in order to produce a reasonable paper. The main aim of this piece of writing is to present an effective solution to a particular problem. However, you need to remember that your work should be based on powerful arguments. As to the structure, it should consist of the introductory paragraph, body, and conclusion. Do not forget that the introduction should include a thesis.
There are a few major steps which you should take into account when writing a paper of top quality:
- First, it is necessary to identify the problem. Before you begin producing your work, you should think which topic you would like to examine. It is rather useful to make a list of points that you may explore in your problem-solution essay. It should be admitted that there are a lot of fascinating subjects for preparing such pieces of writing. Besides, they are quite narrow which makes them easy to discuss.
- The defined problem should be presented in the introductory paragraph. Do not forget to provide major details about the examined issue. In order to make your work explicit, you need to identify the problem clearly and discover its causes. You should also indicate the scale of the very problem. Remember that it is of cardinal importance to describe the consequences it may lead to if it is unsolved. If you are going to use some special terms while writing your work, present them in the introduction. Remember that additional information about the tackled matter will help readers get the point easily.
- When producing a thesis, you need to state whether the problem should be solved urgently. You may also claim that there is the only way to overcome the presented difficulties. Everything depends on the character of the discussed problem. A thesis is written in one sentence and it should clearly present the key point of the paper. Usually, a thesis statement is presented in the introductory paragraph. Nevertheless, there are some cases, when it can be found in the following paragraphs of the problem-solution essay. It usually goes after the in-depth analysis of the issue.
- The body of the paper should provide valuable and correct information about the tackled issue. Your task is to describe the offered solutions in detail. You need to present the pros and cons of adopting a particular solution. Show whether it is efficient to offer it to the identified problem. By the way, if the problem has already been discussed, you should describe the made attempts to solve it. In the conclusion, you need to state that the presented solution is the most effective among the others. In this case, it goes about suggesting only one solution to the discussed problem. Note that it is essential to demonstrate how the chosen solution should be introduced.
- When producing a concluding paragraph, you should call readers for action. If you want your problem-solution essay to be appealing, you need to describe the consequences of the problem vividly. It will help engage readers in solving it. You should make every effort to interest readers in the subject of your work. Thus, users will express a strong desire to participate in the problem-solving process.
Free Problem-Solution Essay Sample