A good classification/division essay requires that you use numerous illustrations, examples, and rich evidence to support your claims. It is also important that you have a well-developed thesis and use it to structure your paper in a more effective way. Such examples are crucial, if you want to earn the highest grade. Otherwise, you will not be able to show why certain items, topics, or things are categorized the way you present them in your paper.
Consider the Following:
Classification is the same as dividing things into categories. For example, all pronouns are divided into three different categories. This being said, you have to develop a thesis and tell your readers how many categories you are going to describe.
- Now consider the attributes or criteria you will need to use, as you are dividing your topics or items into categories. For instance, why are pronouns categorized into three different groups? How are they similar or different? Do not limit yourself to the things everyone knows. Be creative and think outside the box.
- When you are done with categories, make sure that they do not mix.
- Make sure that all categories are equally important. Do not miss or ignore anything that can distort the meaning of your paper.
- Be logical discussing these categories.
Go outside of the main building and look around. What do you see? You can classify buildings as skyscrapers, ordinary office buildings, and small residential houses. Expand upon each category and use examples.
Now about division – it is used to delineate the main components of a single entity. For example, what is cheese made of? What are the nutritional components of the food product? Remember that, as you divide your chosen item into components, you should also synthesize this information into a logically structured paper.
- Divide your paper into several sections, which should be full of examples and illustrations. At the same time, make sure that these sections are linked to the same topic.
- Your paper should sound and look as a single entity that is united by the same topic, purpose, and conclusion. Be explicit in your judgments and persuasive in your findings.
What would a successful Olympic team look like? Consider the forefront athletes and their assistants. Tell your reader how they will work towards a common purpose.
Structure of the Classification Essay:
- A strong thesis statement at the end of the introduction
- Each body paragraph is devoted to the analysis of a separate item/topic
- Revision the categories you have proposed in body paragraphs and evaluate their significance
Structure of the Division Essay:
- Thesis statement included
- Each body paragraph discusses some part of the whole entity. All paragraphs are linked to the same subject
- Restate the thesis, revisit the main points of the essay, and analyze their implications for the reader
Think you can’t handle all those assignments on your own? Ask for help! GoGetEssays.com will be happy to help you through the jungles of writing classification essay! Don’t hesitate: ORDER NOW!