16 February, 2018
How to Make an Attractive Resume for Fresher
Undoubtedly, you can be the most impressive interviewee in the world. Still, you cannot come to the interview without a top-notch resume.
Here are Pieces of Advice on How to Make Your Resume Stand out Visually
- Beside from sending your resume to a generic email address or online job board, make an attempt to contact the person who is responsible for recruiting. Even if you will not succeed in getting hold of this person, you will have more chances to be noticed if someone on the inside forwards it along.
- Before sending your resume, define the keywords in the job description paying particular heed to what was mentioned first and repetitions. The best resume paper must be comprised of 50 per cent of these words. Definitely, this is easy to apply to online search boards where the keyword usage can be automatically identified. Even if your resume is examined by the HR specialist, it is all in all a win-win situation, as he/she will definitely notice the resume that talks the talk.
- Put job keywords right in the spotlight by making your resume neatly organized. By presenting the headings in bold or italics, leaving ample space around them, and introducing bullet points, you produce a well-structured piece of writing that highlights y your strong suits.
- It is needless to mention that almost all your working day lied in answering emails. Do not list your duties, but rather concentrate on your achievements and highlights.
- Imagine yourself a journalist and try to present yourself in the best light possible.
- Prefer writing numbers to words when enumerating your achievements as it can make a favorable impression on the HR specialist.
- If your former employers are not household words, clarify things by inserting a brief description of your previous place of employment.
- Remove widows. They are last words or short last lines of a paragraph falling at the top of a page or column. Getting rid of them is important as they takes your valuable space.
- Substitute Times New Roman for a thin, plain font with consistent spacing. Georgia, Book Antiqua, and Tahoma are the most appropriate to make your resume stand out visually.
- Your resume should tell a story of your work. Therefore, an attractive resume format should include URLs to your portfolio, clips, and social media accounts in an impeccable condition.
- Do not forget to mention your leisure pursuits and activities as your HR specialist will want to find out about your personality to decide whether you could be suitable for a close-knit team. Thus, include the information about your volunteer experience and hobbies, as well.
- Eliminate your current address. This is essential as employers often pay attention to the time that will take you to commute to work. If you want to a get a position in another city, your faraway home address may be a hassle on the way of getting it.
- Keep in mind that your resume must talk the talk. Therefore, get rid of all the irrelevant information about your work experience that you had a long time ago, any mention of references, and extracurricular activities at college.
- It is a well-known fact that if you want to get a job, you should be dressed to kill. This rule also concerns your resume, especially if you want to get a job that is connected to creativity, art, literature, etc. Not only should your report have an attractive format, but it also must be original.
- If you want your resume to be noticed, you should include nor less impressive cover letter.