I’ve already studied for sixths semesters in college and must admit that being healthy during your studying is pretty hard. Very often the options you are given at a canteen don’t coincide with your expectations, assignments make you feel bored and exhausted, you want to go to bed, but the huge amount of homework doesn’t allow you to do that. Sure, it is not so easy, but where there is a will, there is always a way.
Tips that can help you to lead a healthier lifestyle at college:
- Many students boast that they can sleep only for four hours per day. Nevertheless, if you don’t get enough sleep, there is a strong possibility that you will feel depressed, slow-moving and inactive.
- Go for a walk with friends. All people need to communicate with each other in order to stay healthy. It is important to simply get out of your abode and watch people. You need to meet with your friends to relax.
- Lots of students prefer snack foods to meals. This is extremely unhealthy. Snacks can’t give you enough energy that you need for the whole day. A pack of crackers can’t substitute nourishing meal.
- Don’t forget to eat fruit when you have meal. Once I consumed a banana with everything I ate. I became sated and didn’t need to buy some cookies.
- Breaks between work are also quite significant. If you cram too much information into your brain, it will undoubtedly get weary and drained. You could take, for example, a 10-minute break after 60 minutes of work.
- Keep in mind that health is much more important than attending classes. Therefore, put your health always on the first place. Listen to your body carefully.
- Don’t bear grudges. It takes too much energy that you could expend on something more worthwhile.
- Alcoholic drinks shouldn’t be your addiction. Sure, many of us would like to get away from it all and drink some wine, but don’t forget about the consequences.
- Put on warm clothes. Sometimes the weather might be deceitful, but it’s not so hard to put a scarf in your bag just in case you feel cold. Remember, you can get sick in a few seconds.
- Drinking a lot of water is quite good for your body. Water can also substitute coffee without adding to your caffeine intake.
- Try out various types of equipment at the gym. If you have some problems with any of the machines, don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Although taking the bus might be more convenient for you, choose walking to class since it adds up to your health.
- A bedtime routine can help you to fall asleep. It could consist of taking a shower, removing makeup, putting on your pajamas, etc.
- If you feel that soon you might get sick, take some medicine and drink lots of warm tea. Don’t wait until it is too late.
- After a shitty day try to tell someone about your problems in order to move on.
- Don’t try to do too much by over-exerting yourself. Know your limits and appreciate your body!
- Listening to pleasant and energetic music in the morning will help you to stay in a good mood during the whole day.
Set realistic goals and celebrate your achievements!