Easy Recipes for College Students
We all know how difficult it may be sometimes to cook when you are a college student. There is not enough time or cooking takes way too long. However, there are a few microwave recipes, which will make it easier for you to cook in your dorm room. They can make your college life so much better!
Cheesy Pasta & Broccoli
This one is super easy and quick to make. You just need pasta, broccoli, cheese, and olive oil (butter would work, too).
- Add pasta and water in a microwavable bowl, put it in the microwave, and heat it up. You can add 2 or 3 minutes to what it says on the pasta box.
- Add cooked broccoli to pasta (strain it after it has been cooked).
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter and mix it all together.
- Add a handful (or as much as you want to) of cheese. I would recommend mozzarella or parmesan.
Enjoy your meal!
Quesadillas are saviors in college! Not only is it easy to make one but it really is delicious as well! Here is a recipe of a regular quesadilla (you need 2 tortillas, olive oil, cheese, spices, sour cream/salsa, and any extras you would want to add):
- Use olive oil to rub two tortillas.
- Lay one tortilla down on a microwavable plate and add cheese, spices, and anything else you want (chicken, beef, beans, etc.)
- Put the second tortilla on top and put it all in the microwave for 30-40 seconds.
- You can add sour cream, salsa or any other sauce of your choice.
Let the quesadilla cool down a bit and enjoy the meal!
Egg Fried Rice
This meal is not a true Chinese food but a great and affordable alternative for a college student! You will need the following ingredients: white rice, vegetables (whatever you like), 1 egg, soy sauce, cling wrap, any spices you like.
- Follow the instructions on the package and cook the rice (you can use leftover rice as well).
- Put the cooked rice in the freezer for 10 minutes for better taste.
- Put the rice in the microwavable bowl and add some vegetables on top. Put the plastic cling wrap over the bowl and puncture a few holes.
- Put the bowl in your microwave for 1 minute.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 egg.
- Add that mixture to the bowl with rice and vegetables and mix it all up.
- Put the bowl back in the microwave for one and a half minutes.
- Fluff and enjoy!
Here are just some of recipes of dorm room cooking. Try to cook something new, do some research, and find new recipes. Cooking in college not only keeps you full but also prepares you for adulthood as well!